Who do you say that I am? Jesus asked.
I don’t know why but this phrase is mind boggling to many. As Christians, we could cite many Biblical descriptions of who Jesus is. We could even follow Peter’s example and say “You are the Christ, Son of the Living God” (Matthew 16:16) and that would have been a perfect answer to that because that is who Jesus is. But somehow answering His question that way isn’t enough for us because, Jesus is more than “the Christ, Son of the Living God”.
Jesus to us is the break of dawn to a long dark night, a breathe of fresh air after breathing in polluted air for so very long, the warmth of the sun on our face during a cold winter’s day. Jesus is hope. He is joy. He is peace. He is freedom. He is all that and yet He is more still.
Jesus sent by the Father for the salvation of the world
Biblical descriptions of who He is: as Christ and as Son of the Living God
- Jesus came not for religion but to restore the relationship between the Creator and His Creation.
- Jesus says “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
- Jesus gives us a glimpse of who the God the Father is. Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does” (John 5:19).
- Jesus said “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.” (Matthew 5:17)
- “For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) God’s justice needed to be executed which is why Jesus had to come as a ransom for the sins of the world. An innocent being punished for a crime He didn’t commit.
Our God is a God of justice and righteousness yet He is also the God of love. Romans 6:23 says that “For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” This shows how God’s justice demands a payment for sin and His love has provided the ransom. Jesus is the manifestation of the Love of God towards us.
John 3:16 says that “For God so loved the world, He gave up His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Salvation is already given 2000 years ago. We only need to take it for ourselves. It is written: “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
Jesus has already done everything that needed to be done, we can never add nor subtract from it.
“For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:9)
We only need to enjoy the new beginning He has offered us for He offers a clean slate. Past is forgotten, a new you is being born.
If you want to do so, just pray this prayer today.
Dear Jesus, I ask forgiveness for all of the sins I have committed and please teach me to live a new life with You. Thank You Jesus for the privilege to call You my Lord and Savior.
Please guide me from now on to live my life in accordance to Your Will. In Jesus Name, Amen.
If you have a need for prayer, we invite you to fill out the contact request form. Our prayer team gather together weekly and would be happy to pray for you.
We also invite you to visit our church. For all service times and locations, click on this link.